A mice infestation is a large number of mice inhabiting an area. Infestations can start with relatively few mice but due to quick breeding this can escalate rapidly. Think Service will help you; identify signs of an infestation and ways to exterminate mice from your home. This can be done professionally through our UK wide team, or through DIY methods.
Get rid of mice now. Book an appointment
Signs of a mouse infestation
You can identify a mouse infestation through a variety of methods.
Visual – There are various visual indicators of mice infestations.
- Actually seeing a mouse – It may sound obvious, but visual sight and placement of mice is a key indicator of a mouse infestation. Mice tend not to stray far from their nest (15-25 feet away). If you have a mouse popping into your home, you can be sure that their home may be within yours. Mice will be typically seen and heard in the evening. Should you see one (or more) in the day, this could be a warning of many mice.
- Urine – Because of their weak bladders, mice leave urine tracks as they move around. If you’ve had mice for a long time, build up of urine, as well as grease and dirt can form a “urinating pillar”. Sounds lovely doesn’t it.
- Droppings – Mouse poo is a key sign of infestations. From a lonely pellet to significant quantities. Mice droppings are about 1/4 inch, soft (if fresh) and dark. Find out more about mouse doppings
- Nest – A mouse nest could be in any areas of your home, from behind the fridge to the cupboard. These creative creatures can build their nests from anything from pieces of string to pieces of pillow.
Noise – Mice will gnaw, scratch and squeak there where way into your life. Different sounds can all be indicators of an infestation.
- Squeaking – Mice squeaking is the most leading sign of mice infestation. Squeaking is most typical of baby mice in a nest.
- Gnawing – This is a the sound of mice chewing and filing there long teeth.
- Scratching – Scratching is heard usually when more than one mouse is running.
Smell – Mice can be identified by there significant aroma. Their strong smell is from the urine, and is a musky, ammonia like smell.
Damage – For such little creatures, mice can do huge damage. Their sharp long teeth can chew there way through the most surprisingly challenging items. A few ways to spot this damage could are:
- Structural – Wood structures of your home and insulation may show signs of damage which can be caused by mice.
- Food – As well as physical damage to food, the most worrying aspect of food damage is through mice contamination. Salmonellosis is just one of a long list of diseases associated with mice.
- Furniture – Mice will gnaw pretty much everything in their tracks. Furniture common on mouse damage. Mice have been known to build their nests within furniture such as sofas.
How to get rid of a mice infestation
Whether it just a lonely mouse, or a full infestation, its important to act quickly. You have many options for getting rid of mice. This can be a simple as booking an appointment with Think Service, or by following some of our DIY tips.
Professional Service – Think Service is a leader in pest control in the UK. We hold a high standard by way of our think service approved partners. We pride ourselves, not only on results (however this is our key focus), but on time keeping, competitive pricing and an incredible customer experience. Get in touch with us today and we will help you get rid of mice once and for all.
Do It Yourself – Professional pest control, is one way, but not the only way to get rid of a mouse infestation. You can exterminate mice through laying traps and poisons yourself, and by using other deterrents available.
Get rid of mice now. Book an appointment: